It wasn’t until a couple of decades ago, that the first time Information Technology was introduced to students in India. Many of us still remember sitting in the computer class and our teachers showing us how the internet is connected and how Yahoo Messenger works. From then to now, technology has brought tectonic changes in the way education is shaped in the country and has not only made it easier for students to learn things, but also increased their engrossment levels in studying and showing up to school. Here’s a list of ways how technology has improved early childhood education.
1. Global Platform- With the world in the palms, students have access to peers around the globe and can interact and learn from people from different ethnicities, culture and languages. In addition to this, children are also exposed to the global ways of learning and are introduced to different avenues and curriculum’s being followed internationally.
2. Better Interaction Between Students and Teachers- With the access to technology, the interaction between students and teachers is no more limited to just classrooms or schools, but expands to after school activity as well. Plus, this also increases their bond and creates a more friendly and loving relation between the students and teachers instead of the conventional ones.
3. Speak O Pens- Speak O Pens are pens which enable children to read the text in the books. The children just need to place the pens on the text they need to read and the pens will not only read it for them but also provide them with meanings of difficult words and explain the whole text along with many more features. While the technology is still pretty new and hasn’t completely reached its end, the pens help in faster development of children’s brains as they work on their cognitive abilities.
4. Smart Classes- Learning Management Systems, or LMS, are worksheets for children that are interactive in nature and entail a plethora of activities such a coloring, fill in the blanks, pick and drop, match the following etc. Students are invited to work on these activities individually, thus increasing their engagement and learning.
5. Increased Motivation- Due to the increase in interaction, interesting ways of learning and enhanced activities, children are motivated to attend school and learn new things. The whole idea of an iPad speaking to them, a pen explaining them the meaning of text or interacting with people from around the world, excited children to explore and learn to their full potential.
While the excessive use of technology in learning is still a debatable topic, we are looking at numerous possibilities and infinite changes in the early childhood education. For information on the best day care programs in Baner, visit http://www.orugaworld.com